Who We Are
Founded in 1985 by several private health insurers and federal and state government officials, the National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association is the leading national organization focused exclusively on the fight against health care fraud. We are a private-public partnership - our members comprise nearly 90 private health insurers and those public-sector law enforcement and regulatory agencies having jurisdiction over health care fraud committed against both private payers and public programs.
Established in 2000, The NHCAA Institute for Health Care Fraud Prevention is a separately incorporated, tax-exempt educational foundation that provides education and training to private- and public-sector health care anti-fraud personnel.
To protect and serve the public interest by increasing awareness and improving the detection, investigation, civil and criminal prosecution, and prevention of health care fraud and abuse.
NHCAA pursues that Mission by:
- Maintaining a strong private-public partnership in combating health care fraud and abuse;
- Providing unparalleled learning opportunities related to combating health care fraud and abuse;
- Providing opportunities for private and public-sector information sharing related to health care fraud and abuse;
- Serving as a national resource for health care anti-fraud information and professional assistance to government, industry and media; and
- Recognizing and advancing professional specialization in the detection, investigation and/or prosecution of health care fraud and abuse through accreditation of health care anti-fraud professionals.
Join the fight against health care fraud! Please visit NHCAA Become a Member or call 202.659.5955 for more information about membership.
To learn more about NHCAA's recent accomplishments, please download our 2019 Year in Review.